Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Entertaining Recipe

Sorry I did not get a post up yesterday.  I have been spending all of my spare time at my sewing machine working on my daughters' Halloween costume and various other sewing projects I have going.  I will post about those at a later date......



I wanted to share this delicious Fall recipe with you all.  Bob's Lamb Shanks (or Pork Chops) is an AMAZING dish that will surely impress your guests the next time you host a dinner party.  This recipe comes to me through my Mom's good friend and you will not be disappointed if you give this a try (I promise!).  This dish is "oh so easy," yet seems like you worked on it all day long.  Also it does not require you to be in the kitchen much to prepare it, so you can make sure you spend quality time with your guests.

Serve Bob's Lamb Shanks (or Pork Chops) with good red wine, sauteed garlic green beans and rice or potatoes and you've got yourself Fall at its best!!



Bob's Lamb Shanks (or Pork Chops)
Ingredients:
Meat:
6 bone in lamb shanks or bone in thick pork chops 
Flour (for dredging pork chops)
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Sauce:
1.5 cups red wine
1 12 oz. package mixed dried fruit - chopped slightly (NOT the tropical fruit mix)
1/2 cup raisins
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice


Directions:
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Dredge meat in flour and season with salt and pepper.  Place meat in metal pan, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.  Drain and discard grease.


For the sauce:  Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan and boil on high for 5-10 minutes.


Pour the sauce over the meat and increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.  Bake uncovered for another 20-30 minutes until sauce is cooked down and a little sticky.  Serve and enjoy!!


Cottage Mama's Note:
*Look for the dried fruit mix with prunes (I know what you're thinking.....ew....prunes......trust me it's good!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment