Monday, October 26, 2009

Creamy Chicken Chowder


Well the verdict is in and I have to say that "Creamy Chicken Chowder" is a proven winner!!

I have written several blog posts involving slow-cooker meals and I'm sure you are starting to learn that I think the slow-cooker is a busy Mom's best friend!  My fellow Mommy friend, Danica (http://floradanicaphotography.com/ ), read one of my blog posts and was inspired to get out her slow-cooker cook book and see what tasty recipes she could find.  She decided to give the "Creamy Chicken Chowder" a try and said it was awesome!  So, I thought I would give it a whirl and I think you should too!!

Creamy Chicken Chowder
Ingredients:
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 11oz. can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
1 10oz. can condensed cream of potato soup
1 4oz can diced green chile peppers
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1 package taco seasoning
3 cups chicken broth (or water)
4 oz pepper jack cheese, cubed
Garnish: Sour Cream, Cilantro, Crumbled Bacon, and Tortilla Chips

Directions:
-In a 4 quart slow cooker combine frozen chicken, corn, soup, undrained chile peppers, cilantro, and taco seasoning mix.  Stir in chicken broth (or water).  Cover, cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
-30 mins. before serving, remove chicken breasts, shred and return to slow cooker.  Stir in pepper jack cheese and allow to melt.
-Serve with a dollop of sour cream, fresh snipped cilantro, crumbled bacon and tortilla chips.
Enjoy!!

Cottage Mama's Note:
-I very rarely follow a recipe exactly.  I guess it's my creative nature, but I always like to give a dish my own flare.  I have given you the recipe exactly as I cooked it, which deviates from the original recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment