Monday, November 2, 2009

Slow Cooker Thanksgiving



So November is upon us - can you believe it's already here? What does November make you think of?  It makes me think of Thanksgiving!  I love Thanksgiving!  I am a traditional girl and I love all the classics - turkey, gravy, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, and the list goes on....

So today I had the taste for Thanksgiving, I just can't wait another three weeks.  So I decided to make "Thanksgiving" in my crock-pot.  It's Thanksgiving minus the turkey (I had chicken breasts on hand).  But right now I have the aroma of warm cornbread stuffing, and juicy chicken and gravy circulating throughout the cottage home.  Just makes me feel all warm and cozy!

So if you want a preview of what's to come later this month - give "Thanksgiving" in your crock-pot a try - you'll thank me later!!

Thanksgiving
(in the Crock-Pot)

Ingredients:
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables (I used corn, carrots, peas, green beans and broccoli)
1 can cream of chicken soup (or whatever you have on hand)
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 box cornbread stuffing
1 onion, sliced
1 teaspoon thyme
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Empty frozen mixed vegetables into your crock-pot.  Lay frozen chicken on top and then the sliced onion on top of that.  Pour cream of chicken soup on top and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.  Prepare stuffing according to package directions and spread the stuffing on top of your frozen chicken.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment