Friday, January 8, 2010

Crock Pot Recipe: Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops



Yesterday afternoon I was digging through my freezer and pantry trying to figure out what to make for dinner.  My family is trying to be very budget conscious lately so I have been trying to make the most out of whatever ingredients we have on-hand rather than making another trip to the grocery store.

So, this is what I came up with - Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops.  The Cottage Mama's Mama had made a version of this for me when she was here after I had my second daughter, Matilda.  She always makes the most delicious food when she stays here after I have a baby - reason enough to have another one (just kidding)!  Her recipe was done on the stove-top and used some pineapple, so her jerk pork chops were my inspiration for this recipe.

Crock Pot:  Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops
Ingredients:
5 pork loin chops (frozen or fresh..doesn't matter)
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup tri-colored bell pepper strips (I used frozen, but fresh would work well too).
1/2 onion, sliced
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning

Directions:

It doesn't get much easier than this - add all ingredients to your crock-pot, sprinkle liberally with Jamaican Jerk seasoning and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Enjoy!

Cottage Mama's Note:  I served this with Uncle Ben's Ready Rice - Wholegrain Vegetable Medley (only takes 90 seconds to cook!) or it would be great with regular brown rice.  I buy tri-colored bell pepper strips in the frozen foods section of Trader Joe's - I always have one or two bags on-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment