Saturday, December 5, 2009

Baby Doll Kit


Today was my daughter Savannah's friend Ava's 2nd birthday party and we had such a great time!  It just so happens that the playgroup we attend is pretty much dominated by boys, so it's really nice for Savannah to have a girlfriend here and there.

Savannah has known Ava since she was 4 weeks old and Ava was about 4 months old, so pretty much 95% of her life :-).  Ava is such a sweet girl.  She is tiny, petite, a little on the shy side, beautiful and very smart.  I'm so happy that Savannah has Ava as one of her first "girlfriends".

I was trying to decided what to make sweet, sweet Ava for her birthday.  I had two ideas; one was a baby doll kit (all the accessories for her baby dolls) or a dress up princess box (i.e. tutu, wand, crown, ect.).  Savannah recently had a "girls only" play date with Ava and I realized that at 2 years old all they want to do is be "Little Mommy's" so the baby doll kit was the winner!

I had so much fun making all of these little things.  I got my inspiration from the most recent Potterybarn Kids catalogue.

The baby doll kit consisted of:


-Three cloth diapers with velcro closure (flannel outside and fleece interior).  I used a large strip of velcro across the front so they would fit multiple size baby dolls.  We had to try them on Elmo to make sure they fit properly!!

-Chenille changing pad that rolls and ties with a ribbon (one side is flannel and the other chenille)

-Wipes case (made of felt) with white, flannel cloth wipes.

-A bag with an appliqued "A" for her to carry everything in.

I really hope Miss Ava enjoys her gift (I think she will!).  I am absolutely in love with anything that helps children pretend play - I think that is the gateway to true adult creativity and imagination.  I know Ava is going to be such a good "Little Mommy"!!

Happy Birthday Miss Ava!!


Cottage Mama's Note:  If you would like a tutorial on how to make any of these items, please leave me a comment or send me an email and I will be happy to post one!

No comments:

Post a Comment