Saturday, March 13, 2010

Front door - yellow to black

This week, I'm hoping to hear back about a quote to render the house. It's not something we'll do straight away, but I'm interested to know how much it will cost.

The exterior bricks are quite nice, but since I'm trying to modernise the house, I think it would look fantastic rendered and painted a medium-dark grey. If we get it done, I'd like to strip back the pale yellow paint and stain the trim.

Even though it's probably a project for a long way down the track, I am planning to re-paint the front door. At the moment it's painted pale yellow on one side and stained a light timber on the other. There are a lot of scratches on it and the doorhandle is rusty and a bit loose.

My colour of choice is gloss black and I plan to buy a new handle and deadlock in stainless steel. I can't wait to get started - here is my inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment