Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thunder and burnt orange

We've only made one change to the house since we moved in. The previous owners had built a garage extension behind the single garage, a 3.5 x 8 metre room. The only access to it was from the patio so we had a double doorway cut through from the existing dining area, gyprock and plastering around the walls, and the old steps pulled up and a new single step put in the width of both doors. It's nearly finished (just needs the old stove removed and carpet put down) so I'm trying to decide how I will decorate it.

We already have some furniture that we intend to move into the room which limits the colours I can use. The colour of the lounges is called 'Storm', which is a dark bluey-green. We will also use our oak coffee table, side tables and entertainment unit.

I want the room to feel warm and cosy so I'd like to incorporate some 'warm' accents. I found a few pictures along those lines. I was originally planning to use red splashes but I think this look is a bit more unique.





No comments:

Post a Comment