Thursday, February 25, 2010

Modern Hamptons?

My husbands favourite colour is blue. Since I have already decided on other colours for the living space, and I don't like 'cool' colour bathrooms, I think I'd like to decorate our bedroom in blue and white. I'm thinking Hamptons meets modern chic. Is that even a style? Nevermind. I'm not hugely into the country look but I don't want it to look stark so what I have in mind will hopefully work.

Here are a couple of pictures to start with.






Our bedroom isn't very big. It fits a queen bed, two bedside tables and a tallboy (just) in the bay window. If my renovation dreams come true, we will glean a tiny bit more space by removing the existing wardrobe (and taking over part of the adjoining bedroom as a walk-in-robe). The room will still be small but I think once the dresser is moved away from the window and we have that little bit extra space where the wardrobe was, it will make a big difference.


My only hurdle is that our furniture is a dark timber... which doesn't exactly fit with the white or blue part. They were a gift from my in-laws so we certainly wouldn't dispose of them. I would love to sand all the pieces back and paint them white but would that be offensive? Ideas? Advice?

We already re-painted the room when we moved in because it was an appalling dark purple suede effects job (gag) but I think an all-white paint job will be in order this time. We also have timber trim so that's going to have to go as well.

That's about as far as I've got in my thought process. Have you got any good ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment