Saturday, May 22, 2010

Final Floor Decision

It's seven weeks till the start of the big renovation and I'm using this time to finetune the details.

The flooring will go in last but I want to be sure of what we want before any of the work gets started. I was planning to do timber floors in the downstairs living area, tiles in the entry, kitchen and sitting room and carpet in the bedrooms, but I've decided that for a small house, that's too much interuption.

Now I'm chanelling Scandinavian design and planning to put in light timber to all the living/entry/kitchen/hallway areas plus the new second bedroom, and carpet the main and second bedrooms and walk-in-robe.

Much happier with that decision - I think it will flow better and since there's not a lot of natural light, give a feeling of warmth.



No comments:

Post a Comment